Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.



You are here


Families with children who have special needs may need transportation assistance. Below are some resources that may be of assistance:

State wide

  • CARE-LINE, 1-800-662-7030 (English and Spanish) is the toll-free telephone information and referral help line of the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services.  Individuals who are deaf or have a hearing impairment may reach CARE-LINE toll-free at 1-877-452-2514 (TTY).



  • Greensboro Department of Transportation (SCAT) The Greensboro Transit Authority's shared-ride transportation service for eligible riders who have a disability that prevents them from riding the fixed route bus. Rides are provided within the Greensboro city limits
  • Guilford County Transportation and Mobility Services Guilford County provides transportation and mobility services for the elderly and Medicaid recipients throughout the county. Transportation is also available for those with special needs.
  • High Point Dial-A-Lift is a specialized public transportation alternative for those persons who cannot utilize the Hi-tran's fixed route system.


  • City of Raleigh Accessible Raleigh Transportation, ART  ART provides door-to-door transportation service for Raleigh citizens with special needs via cabs and buses. 
  • Fayetteville Area System of Transit The system serves the public transportation needs in the city of Fayetteville and offers a variety of routes and schedules. Accessible buses are available. Single ride and monthly tickets are available.
  • Johnston-Lee-Harnett Community Action  Community Action promotes self sufficiency and encourages the use of private sector involvement in anti-poverty activities. Offers Heating Assistance Repair Replacement Program.